When the product you are designing requires a more unique sealing solution, Web Seal can recommend a product that will meet each aspect of your exclusive application.
Compression packing is a soft, bendable rope-shaped material, sometimes with built-in lubricants or proprietary coatings. Braided mechanical compression packing (BMCP) interweaves filaments or technical yarns such as carbon, graphite or PTFE into shapes designed to be inserted into glands in reciprocating, rotary or static applications such as valves and pumps.
The better the fit and the higher filament purity of compression packing, the greater the sealing function and service life. Valve stem packing is designed to stand up to aggressive chemical exposure, high temperatures and steam service, especially useful in chemical processing, power generation and refining. Other types of compression packing have been developed to control fugitive emissions.
Additional related sealing products available from Web Seal:
- Diaphragms – molded or die-cut, they minimize obstructions in process applications
- Expansion Joints – absorb compressive forces without damage
- Extrusions – offer complex cross-sections and geometries
- Metal Seals – resilient for extreme environmental applications
- Non-Metallic Washers – prevent sparking and resist vibrations
- O-Ring Drive Belts – abrasion-resistant belting for power transmission applications, also known as drive bands
- Rubber Grommets – standard round to assorted U-shapes, ideal for repeated flexing applications
- Shims – metal or color-coded plastic, they fill space between two surfaces and act as insulation
- (no title) Post 1854Food and beverage plant managers can ensure contamination protection from daily wash downs, high-pressure spray, and dust particulate with the newest FDA-compliant Garlock PUR-GARD™ seals from Web Seal....
- ProTech™ Bearing Isolator SealsWith its unique labyrinth design, the Parker ProTech isolator seal's superior quality and high performance make it the ultimate in bearing protection. Parker, the innovation leader in bearing isolator technology, has designed this unique sealing component to deliver maximum protection for a multitude of applications. Web Seal can provide ProTech seals in many standard and custom designs....
- Press-in-Place SealsPress-in-Place (PiP) or "drop-in-place" seals are static seals that overcome installation issues and sealing performance problems common with many typical face seal products, such as an O-ring. ...